When you plan an international trip, budget arises as the biggest issue. You have a dream to travel the foreign locales with your loved ones, but the tight budget holds you back. But now you don’t need to worry. There are many international destinations to visit, in pocket friendly budgets. Here is the list of the countries that are ideal for a shoe-string budget:
- Sri Lanka:
Located on the South of continent India, Sri Lanka is an Island Nation famous for its beaches, Buddhist Temples, hills, mixed colonial architecture, sea food and lovely people. For people who love relaxing on a beach and also exploring scenic beauty of hills, Sri Lanka is an ideal place to visit.
- Colombo-Visit the Capital city of Sri Lanka, Colombo and explore the National Museum, Gangaramaya Temple, Viharamahadevi Park, Cinnamon Gardens and Dehiwala Zoo and also the public beaches where you can enjoy ,delicious sea food.
- Ella-Ella is an enticing small village on the highlands of Sri Lanka .It offersbreathtaking views of tea estates, waterfalls, mountains and lets you breathe in the wonderful fresh air it has. A Train ride from Kandy to Ella is the most enchanting scenic journey, you will ever experience.
- Kandy– Kandy in Sri Lanka is a city famous for sacred Buddhist s While on a trip to this city visit the Kandy Lake and the most popular Temple of Tooth. Also pay a visit to the Royal Palace of Kandy, Royal Botanical Gardens and Udawattakele Forest Reserve. .
- Sigiriya– Sigiriya in Sri Lanka is an ancient fortress overlooking exuberant forests. It is famous for its ancient Rock Fortress which is situated at the top of Sigiriya Cliff.
- Dambulla Cave Temple – This 2000 years old temple is situated 148km East of Colombo and it is the best preserved cave temple of Sri Lanka.
- Galle– Famous for the age-old Galle Fort built by the Portuguese during 16th century, located on the shore of the most popular Galle Beach, this Fort also has a Lighthouse at its Southern tip.
- Mirrisa- Relax and swim on the beach of Mirrisa.
- Yala National Park– Experience the wildlife in Sri Lanka and get a chance to see elephants, deer, crocodiles, leopards, monkeys and colourful birds.
- Polonnaruwa- Enjoy a trip to an ancient city in the middle of dense vegetation that has the ruins of old temples.
Number of Days in Sri Lanka: Ideal for 7-10 days trip.
A Buddhist Kingdom, Bhutan is located on the Eastern Edge of the Himalayas having dramatic landscapes which seems almost surreal in its beauty. Bhutan has steep mountains, beautiful valleys, Buddhist Monasteries, pagodas, along with a lot of mesmerizing locations.
- Paro in Bhutan– On arriving at the International Airport of Paro, the journey of Bhutan begins. Visit the Taktsang Lhakhang or Tiger’s Nest which is the most iconic and world famous site of Bhutan. A 3-4 hours trek ,through the mountainous path ,takes you to this monastery . Also visit Rinpung Dzong (pronounced as Zong), Kyichu Lakhang,one of the oldest shrines of the kingdom,drive through Chele La Pass leading to the most beautiful Haa Valley.
- Thimphu in Bhutan-It is the capital city of Bhutan and an unusual mix of modern and traditional.Sightseeing in Thimphu Valley includes the National Memorial Chorten, Tashichho Dzong, The National Library, Textile And Folk Heritage Museum, Handicrafts Emporium and lastly Institute of Zorig Chusum.
- Punakha in Bhutan-Punakha Valley is mesmerisingly beautiful, and is mostly famous for Punakha Dzong situated at the junction of the two rivers ,Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu. Also visit the Punakha Suspension Bridge, along with the nearby sites,Chimi Lakhang , Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten.
Number Of Days:- Ideal for 5-7 days trip.
Nepal, a country lying along the Southern slopes Of Himalayas, is landlocked between India and the vast empty lands of Tibet. Nepal has beautiful landscapes, being closest to Himalayas and is ideal for
‘take a break’ trip, as the mesmerizing sites of valleys, mountains, temples and monasteries are going to rejuvenate you. Places to see include the following-
- Kathmandu in Nepal –Explore the capital of Nepal, and visit the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swambhunath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhnath Stupa, one can go for sightseeing along the beautiful valley of Kathmandu and do some shopping in Thamel.
- Pokhara in Nepal-Pokhara is a city among the Phewa Lake and mountains, a beautiful place for boating and enjoying the scenic beauty. Pokhara is the gateway to the Annapurna Circuit,popular trail of Himalayas. Visit the Tal Brahi Temple, International Mountain Museum,showcasing the history of mountaineering and the people of Himalayas.
- Nagarkot in Nepal- Located at the rim of Kathmandu Valley, Nagarkot has the best spots to view the ‘top of the world’, Mt. Everest.This place is ideal for watching the best sunrise and sunset views of the world.
Number of Days: One can plan a trip for 5-7 days.
A Southeast Asian country, Thailand is a popular international destination that fits in a pocket friendly budget. It is mostly popular for beaches, Royal Palaces, ruins of ancient temples of Buddha, crowded cities and authentic Thai Food. Pay a visit to:
- Bangkok in Thailand-The capital city of Thailand- Bangkok, has captivating street lifeand ornate shrines. Visit the majestic Grand Palace and its sacred Buddhist Temple Wat Phra Kaew, along with nearby Wat Pho and Wat Arun Temple. Explore the Khaosan Road that has abundant shops, hotels, restaurants and lively night life.
- Pattaya in Thailand-A city of Thailand located on the Eastern Gulf coast, Pattaya is popular for beautiful beaches among which Pattaya and Jomtien Beach are the most popular . Visit the Truth of Sanctuary ,a massive temple carved out of wood.Enjoy the wonderful nightlife and do some shopping on the Walking Street.
- Nong Nooch Village in Thailand -Explore the Thai Culture and breathtakingly beautiful landscaped gardens. Also, this place organises Thai cultural One can visit Nong Nooch From Bangkok or Pattaya through road routes.
Number of Days: 5-7 days.
A South-Asian Sovereign state, Maldives lies Southwest of Sri Lanka and India in the Indian Ocean. Maldives is popular worldwide for its white sandy beaches that are indeed paradise. Coral Reefs, lagoons, scuba diving &snorkelling, luxury hotels,resorts and spas, all comprise together to make Maldives an ideal international destination. The must visits are:
- Hulhumale in Maldives-An Island in Maldives that marks the beginning of the journey, can be reached by road through public or private transport. Hulhumale is an ideal place to relax at the beach where the water is turquoise in colour,hence more beautiful than usual.
- Male in Maldives-Take a boat from Hulhumale Island and reach the capital city of Maldives,Male. Explore the city life of Maldives and pay a visit to the Male Friday Mosque, Islamic Centre, National Museum, Male Fish Market, stay in a private resort and enjoy the private beaches.
- Maafushi in Maldives-From Villingili Ferry Terminal,Male, begin your journey to the biggest island of Maldives, Maafushi. Explore the most popular beaches, Bikini Beach, Public Beach, Water Sport Beach and Coral Beach. Do scuba diving, snorkelling and get a chance to see the school of dolphins.
- Fihalhohi in Maldives-Located on the South of Male, this island has overwater bungalows giving you a once in a lifetime experience. Fihalhohi is luxurious, with exquisitely decorated bungalows, exotic spas and restaurants.
Number of Days: 5-7 days.
So, what are you waiting for? Let go of your worries and come visit these beautiful international destinations that won’t cause a drain in your pockets.